Thursday, January 7, 2010

2009 Summer and Fall

Share
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry for not giving updates as often as possible. Let me start by giving a recap of 2009 summer/fall.

Let me begin by saying that the 2009 summer and fall road season were extremely rough for me due to the lack of motivation, which heavy personal problems caused during this period of time. The problems that I was confronting at home took a toll on me very quickly. Little by little my time on the bike became a lot less and my racing performance was not the same anymore, which the evidence became clear when I tried to race in a few local races. For this reason, I stopped racing for the remainder of the summer.

In addition, the 2009 summer was going by fairly quick and the first day of going back to school was around the corner. When I got back to Lindsey Wilson College I was disoriented due to my situation back home. At this point in time I lacked motivation for everything I did which was not positive for me. When I tried riding my bike, I could only do an hour or less before turning back around. Even though I had a million problems in head, I pushed on and prayed to God everyday to help my family and help me bring back that spark in my life once again. Soon after, I started feeling much better because the situation back at home was turning from bad to great. I started working out and riding as often as I could which was a motivation booster. I knew God had listened to all my prayers and was helping me get through another rough period of time in my life. By the end of the fall semester, I managed to earn four A's and one B on my final report card which put me in the Dean's List for Honor Students and also started riding bike a lot more which I had missed immensely.

After finishing the fall semester at Lindsey Wilson College, I got home with a new uplifting spirit and seeing my parents, my brother, and the rest of my family made me feel much better. Everything at home was once again under control thanks to God. Now, with a new motivation and new goals I have for myself, the only thing I missing in my life was riding my bike, which I tried to pick up quickly. The harsh weather and freezing temperatures made it hard for me to go out and train, but after thinking about everything I went through during the summer and fall, made training under tough conditions and freezing temperatures a lot easier to do. Since then, I've been training consistently and getting ready for an exciting new road racing season and another semester at school.

Thanks so Much for Reading!!
Happy News Years!
Cheers,

Danny Estevez

No comments: